Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Jewelry Shelf

I'm sure most of you have seen the huge variety of this being turned into jewelry holders.  I've seen a ton!  I decided that his shelf, that no longer had a home in our house, would be the perfect redo for my jewelry hanger!  I desperately needed one and this cute little shelf was just sitting there with nothing to do!

 Before
 Here are my little helpers!
 Aren't they cute?
I took the hardware off and gave it a little light sanding, so the new paint would adhere.  I wiped it down when I was done to get all the extra dust off and began spray painting!  The greatest thing is that after I did my first light coat of paint I realized that with this original finish and the black paint I was using, it gave it the same kind of look as our bedroom furniture.  The cappuccino finish, with some lighter touches of "wood" shining through.  So, instead of doing it jet black I just did one more really light coat of black to fill in any spots that still needed a little more color and I have this...
I'M SO EXCITED!!!  I've been waiting to take a picture because I was waiting for my husband to hang it on the wall, but I decided to just do it myself! :P  I couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment