Monday, December 19, 2011

Slow Cooker Lasagna!

I made this recipe once before and to me it was a bomb.  Justin said it was fine, but I thought it was flavorless and mushy.  So, HERE is where I got the recipe and this is what I did to make it yummy...

1 lb. ground beef
2 large cans Spaghetti sauce (26.5 oz. each) mine was garlic and onion flavored, but when I tasted it, you couldn't tell.
8 oz. package lasagna noodles uncooked
4 cups mozzarella cheese
2 cups cottage cheese (16 oz. container)
onion and garlic to season meat 

 Seasoning the meat in the original recipe was a side note, I feel it must be done!
I used about a half and onion and 1 tbsp. minced garlic, but to each their own on this, it just needs some flavor!  Once browned add the sauce.
 I forgot to take a pic with each layer, and then my flash wouldn't work :P
Spray with cooking oil and then put 1/4 the meat sauce in the bottom of the dish.
Layer 1/3 of the noodles to cover as best as possible.  Then mix up the cheeses and put 1/3 on top of noodles.
 Continue with this pattern until you end with meat sauce on top
 Cook on low for 3 hours
 Let stand 10 to 20 minutes (with lid off) to set.
Enjoy! 

*Note, I am using a 7 quart slow cooker, so that is why I ended up needing so much sauce!  Next time I will use my smaller slow cooker to do this, because we didn't even eat half.  But, this time it was yummy because I didn't use tomato sauce like the original recipe said and I cooked it less time and used a lot more seasonings.  So to do a smaller batch I'd say 1 can of spaghetti sauce would do, but have an extra one on hand just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment