Saturday, December 10, 2011

Snowman Ornaments

So, every year my friends and I do an ornament exchange.  We draw names out of a hat and secretly give an ornament to someone in the group.  I went looking for an ornament to give and was extremely disappointed!  Last year there were a ton of really cute ones and this year no one had any!  So, I decided to make one!  I found the idea HERE.  I think hers are cuter than mine, but I used what I had.

 The ornament is plastic, not glass (got them at Michael's,) then I put snow inside.  Cut the top of a baby sock off so I could get the ribbon through and hot glued the hat on.  I hand painted the face (where the girl from the other blog used a paint pen-I didn't have any.)  The hat needed a little something, so I painted snowflakes on. I like it, just wish I had a better selection for the hat!
 And after I sprayed it with glitter!  I have plenty from all of my girls dance recitals, so I just sprayed it on!  It just added a nice little touch, you can barely notice it, but it's just right. (glitter not pictured.)
See, I'm pinning, but actually doing!  That is my goal and so far, I think I'm doing a pretty good job! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment