Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Marshmallow Popcorn

This recipe isn't linkable because it was just a picture someone uploaded and put the instructions as the caption.  I ended up doing it my own way anyhow (not on purpose, lol!)



3-4 bags popcorn (pop and take out extra kernels) 
1 sticks of butter (1/2 cup) 
16 oz bag of marshmallows 
1 cup brown sugar 
Microwave butter, marshmallows, and brown sugar for 2 1/2 min. Take out and stir. Microwave again for 1 min. Repeat until thin sauce. When done pour over popcorn and mix. YUM!

The difference between what I did and the original recipe is the butter and the amount of popcorn.  The first time I accidentally only used 1 stick of butter instead of 2 and I liked the results better with less butter.  These pics are of the second attempt doing it "right" and I wasn't as pleased.  It was runnier and easier to mix on the popcorn, but it made the popcorn mushier and stickier.  I made them the first time for all my friends and neighbors for Christmas and got raving reviews, so I know it's not just me ;)  I also felt the need for a bit more popcorn, hence the 4th bag.





OH SO YUMMY! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. you should try popping your popcorn in just a regular bag...I found it on pintrest and it's magic... here's my blog post on it.

    http://chambersmade.blogspot.com/2011/11/youve-got-to-be-kidding-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kiera! I'll have to try it! I've heard of it before, but never bothered to check it out and try it. :)

    ReplyDelete