Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops and Crock Pot Mashed potatoes!

I found this recipe from realmomkitchen.com

The original recipe was for pork chops, which I did do the first time.  We loved them!  YUMMY!  This time I didn't have pork chops, so I made it with chicken and Justin loved it even more.  He prefers chicken over pork though.  And the gravy from the meat is awesome on the potatoes!

Here's what I did:

Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops or Chicken Breasts
4-6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick or boneless chicken breasts
1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
2 (10 oz) cans Cream of Chicken Soup
Place pork chops, Ranch seasoning and soup into a medium sized crock pot over high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 hours or 3.5-4 hours on high for chicken.



Did you know you could do mashed potatoes in the crock pot?  Yep!  That's right!  This is my new favorite thing to do because you don't have to watch them and make sure they don't over boil and make a mess and constantly check them to see if they are done!

 Crockpot Potatoes:
2.5 lbs potatoes peeled and diced (I used about 10 red potatoes)
2 tbsp. butter
1 1/2 cup chicken broth (I use water and chicken bullion)
milk and salt
Place the potatoes in the slow cooker.  Pour chicken broth over and top with butter.  Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
I used a small slow cooker for my potatoes (see picture below) so my potatoes were done in 3 hours!
 I'm not sure how many quarts my small slow cooker is, but my big one is 7 qt. So, I took this picture to give you an idea.
Add milk to desired consistency as you mash them and salt to taste.  You can add other seasonings too like garlic or cheese, even sour cream (at the end.)  Get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment