Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Shredded Pork Loin Roast

The website I got this recipe from is working out some bugs, so I don't know what link to give you, but I got it from Crockin' Girls!

For sure interesting and also tasty.  I'm not sure that it's my favorite shredded pork, but still good :)
*Edit: the leftovers were awesome!  Way yummier than the original!  I drained most of the extra juices and poured a bit more bbq sauce over top before I put them in the fridge.  A few days later I ate it for lunch and it was super yummy!*

Shredded Pork Loin Roast:

1 (5 lb.) pork loin roast
1 bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
1 can Dr. Pepper
Onion powder, to taste
Garlic powder, to taste

This is a recipe that you can use for several different recipes. Such as:
1) BBQ pork roast sandwiches served with lettuce, tomato, chips, and a pickle
2) BBQ pork roast loaded baked potato served with sour cream, butter, and chives
3) BBQ pork roast nachos served with chips, refried beans, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, black olives, and shredded cheese
4) BBQ pork roast Corn tortilla tacos served with broccoli slaw and avocados

Directions:

Place roast into the slow cooker and season with onion and garlic powder. Cover with BBQ sauce and then pour Dr. Pepper over the roast. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours until pork is tender. Shred with forks.






 This is a little trick I learned from Pinterest as well!  Who knew you could use your Kitchen-Aid to shred your meat?  I will never use 2 forks again!  I got a blister once doing that!  And Bonus, I got to use my brand new Kitchen-Aid twice today!

I thought it would be easier to put the kids in a hotdog bun and I was right!  My older kids loved it and my younger 2, well, they don't eat much of anything, so you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment