Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pumpkin Donut Holes!

One of my kids favorite after school snacks!  They love them so much, they ate them all today!  That won't be a norm, but I love that they love them!  I got the recipe HERE, but changed it, so my recipe is below.


Donuts:
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pumkin pie spice (if you can't find that or don't have it on hand use: 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. allspice and 1/8 tsp. ground cloves)
1/3 cup vetetable oil
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 cup milk

Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
1/2 cup melted butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350*F. Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray.

In medium bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice.  Set aside and combine the remaining ingredients in mixer until smooth.  Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined.

I used to cookie scoop to fill my muffin tins.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Meanwhile, melt butter in one bowl and combine sugar and cinnamon in another bowl.  Let muffins cool for 2 min.  Dip each muffin in the butter and then in the sugar mixture.  So yummy!  I can only handle a few because it's a lot of sugar!  I need to find a way to make less sugar adhere to the donut, but they are good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment